Search Google Like An Expert
>> It is a 5 minutes training course for becoming an Google Search Expert. lol..
Here goes the searching tips:
1. Explicit Word Search: Suppose you want to search for a specific word in the internet then instead of just writing the word quote the word with double quotation, for example: search with "Biology" instead of just searing by Biology.
2. Exclude Words: If you want to exclude a word from our search result content then just use the " - " sign before the ignoring word. e.g. type in the Google search box Biology -Bone to exclude the word 'Bone' from the search result.
3. Calculator: Just write the calculation you want to don in the Google search box and you will get the desired result easily :). e.g. 123 * 123
4. Word Meaning/ Defining: To know the definition of a word write in the Google search box like, define:Sunny, where "define" is used like a command.
5. Converter: To convert from one unit to another unit e.g. type like below:
12 feet to inch 100 kilogram to gram
6. Using OR in Google for Multiple word search: By default, when you do a search, Google will include all the terms specified in the search. If you are looking for any one of one or more terms to match, then you can use the OR operator. *Note: The OR has to be capitalized.
Example: James Bond OR Mission Impossible
7. Specific Document Type Searching: If you’re looking to find results that are of a specific type, you can use the modifier "filetype:".
Example: Information Architecture filetype:ppt
8. Site Specific Search: For searching in a spcific site do like-
9. Similar Words or Synonyms: Let’s say you are want to include a word in your search, but want to include results that contain similar words or synonyms. To do this, use the "~" in front of the word.
Example: "Online Football" ~Championship